A pathogen is a synonym for a disease-causing microorganism. Food pathogens represent a special form of microbial pathogens, which are picked up and spread through food.
Below a number of pathogens are listed, for which BIOTECON Diagnostics offers suitable foodproof® DNA extraction and real-time PCR detection kits. Many of the pathogen kits have been certified by recognized institutions such as AOAC-RI, MicroVal or NordVal (see licensing options / validations), and thus independently tested for quality and safety.
- foodproof Brucella Detection Kit
- foodproof Campylobacter Detection Kit
- foodproof Campylobacter Quantification Kit
- foodproof Clostridium botulinum Detection LyoKit
- foodproof E. coli and Shigella Detection Kit
- foodproof E. coli O157 Detection Kit
- foodproof STEC Screening LyoKit
- foodproof STEC Identification LyoKit
- foodproof E. sakazakii Detection Kit
- foodproof Enterobacteriaceae plus Cronobacter Detection Kit
- foodproof Listeria Genus Detection Kit
- foodproof Listeria monocytogenes Detection Kit
- foodproof Listeria monocytogenes Detection LyoKit
- foodproof Salmonella Detection Kit
- foodproof Salmonella Detection LyoKit
- foodproof Salmonella Enteritidis & Typhimurium Detection LyoKit
- foodproof Vibrio Detection LyoKit
- foodproof SL Staphylococcus aureus Detection Kit
- foodproof SL Bacillus cereus Detection Kit
- foodproof SL Clostridium perfringens Detection Kit
- foodproof SL Legionella pneumophila Detection Kit
The foodproof® Campylobacter Quantification Kit is suitable for the quantification of the four thermotolerant Campylobacter species C. jejuni, C. coli, C. lari and C. upsaliensis from poultry or meat rinse water. Additionally, the two most common pathogenic species, C. jejuni and C. coli, can be identified in two separate channels.