A pathogen is a synonym for a disease-causing microorganism. Food pathogens represent a special form of microbial pathogens, which are picked up and spread through food.
Below a number of pathogens are listed, for which BIOTECON Diagnostics offers suitable foodproof® DNA extraction and real-time PCR detection kits. Many of the pathogen kits have been certified by recognized institutions such as AOAC-RI, MicroVal or NordVal (see licensing options / validations), and thus independently tested for quality and safety.
- foodproof Brucella Detection Kit
- foodproof Campylobacter Detection Kit
- foodproof Campylobacter Quantification Kit
- foodproof Clostridium botulinum Detection LyoKit
- foodproof E. coli and Shigella Detection Kit
- foodproof E. coli O157 Detection Kit
- foodproof STEC Screening LyoKit
- foodproof STEC Identification LyoKit
- foodproof E. sakazakii Detection Kit
- foodproof Enterobacteriaceae plus Cronobacter Detection Kit
- foodproof Listeria Genus Detection Kit
- foodproof Listeria monocytogenes Detection Kit
- foodproof Listeria monocytogenes Detection LyoKit
- foodproof Salmonella Detection Kit
- foodproof Salmonella Detection LyoKit
- foodproof Salmonella Enteritidis & Typhimurium Detection LyoKit
- foodproof Vibrio Detection LyoKit
- foodproof SL Staphylococcus aureus Detection Kit
- foodproof SL Bacillus cereus Detection Kit
- foodproof SL Clostridium perfringens Detection Kit
- foodproof SL Legionella pneumophila Detection Kit
In addition to the foodproof Listeria monocytogenes Detection Kit, BIOTECON Diagnostics offers the foodproof Listeria Genus Detection Kit for the detection of all known Listeria species. The genus includes ten species: L. monocytogenes, L. innocua, L. seeligeri, L. welshimeri, L. ivanovii, L. grayi, L. marthii, L. rocourtiae, L. fleischmannii, and L. weihenstephanensis. Though predominantly L. monocytogenes causes food-related illness, the Listeria genus is ubiquitous and often used as a hygiene indicator. Frequently contaminated foods are uncooked products, such as salmon, raw milk, raw sausage or raw cured meat.